The built environment is demanding more thermally efficient building envelopes, and it is becoming more challenging to achieve local regulations with single glazing. ClimaTech™ offers quality entry level performance double glazing for spaces which require additional insulation.
Suitable for hot and cold climates, ClimaTech™ provides increased thermal performance is residential and commercial window applications.
ClimaTech™ uses two pieces of glass, one coated with a spectrally controlled Low E coating and the other an ordinary clear or toned glass. Providing added comfort and design flexibility.
ClimaTech™ allows you to specify larger windows without facing building compliance challenges.
ClimaTech™ is supplied to Grade A safety standards when processed to the correct thickness and glass type to suit the application.
Commercial and residential windows and doors
- Minimum Size*: 350mm x 250mm
- Maximum Size*: 4500mm x 2500mm
**The maximum unit area permissible under AS1288 needs to be taken into consideration too. Sizes outside of these limits may be available as a special order on request **
4mm and 5mm available in Clear only.
6mm available in Clear, Light Grey and Grey tones
6mm available in Clear, Light Grey, Grey, Bronze, Green, SuperBlue and SuperGreen tones.
- Glazing compounds, sealants and gaskets need to be approved by Viridian for suitability.
- Frame design – the Viridian Warranty relies on frame design in accordance with AS/4666.
- Do not expose ClimaTech™ edges to standing water and moisture as this can result in seal failure.
- The frames must incorporate impervious weather seals or an efficient self-draining system.
- Wind load and safety determine the type and thickness of glass required – refer Australian Standard AS1288 or New Zealand Standard NZS4223.
- Special handling is required. When transporting and installing at altitudes of 800m and above, special requirements apply. This must be brought to the attention of Viridian.
- For higher thermal performance, and other additional benefits like acoustic or privacy consider upgrading to the PerformaTech™, LightBridge™ or LightBridge next™ products.
|Outside Glass||Inside Glass||Nominal Thickness mm||VLT||U-Value||SHGC||Application Suitability|
|4mm VFloat™ Clear||4mm ClimaTech™||4+12+4||77||1.5||0.64||
|5mm VFloat™ Clear||5mm ClimaTech™||5+12+5||75||1.5||0.61||Residential|
|6mm VFloat Clear™||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||74||1.5||0.60||Residential|
|6mm VFloat™ Light Grey||5mm ClimaTech™||6+12+5||53||1.5||0.45||Residential|
|6mm VFloat™ Grey||5mm ClimaTech™||6+12+5||35||1.5||0.35||Residential|
|6mm ClimaTech™||6mm VFloat™ Clear||6+12+6||74||1.5||0.54||Commercial|
|6mm VFloat™ Light Grey||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||53||1.5||0.45||Commercial|
|6mm VFloat™ Grey||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||35||1.5||0.35||Commercial|
|6mm VFloat™ Bronze||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||43||1.5||0.42||Commercial|
|6mm VFloat™ Green||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||63||1.5||0.40||Commercial|
|6mm VFloat™ SuperGreen||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||56||1.5||0.33||Commercial|
|6mm VFloat™ SuperBlue||6mm ClimaTech™||6+12+6||44||1.5||0.32||Commercial|
The range offers exceptional insulation combined with high light transmission through the use of low-e glass and inert gas filled as standard.
Low E Coating
The high performance coating is applied to allow natural light through without emitting radiant heat, maximising light and energy efficiency.
Tested & Certified
Tested and certified to Grade A Safety glass standards.