Viridian Warranties and Specifications
Viridian™ provides comprehensive warranties for its architectural products. Our warranty is your assurance that the selection of Viridian glass will reduce your long term risk. Our national distribution network means that it is easy to contact us should there be a problem.
Warranty and CAS details are available on our website and cover the following products:
The following is an outline of key standards relating to glass selection and performance that are referenced throughout this guide. The Building Codes of Australia and New Zealand refer to Australian Standard AS1288 and New Zealand Standard NZS4223 respectively as a deemed to comply document. The Building Codes provisions for energy efficient glazing in each region impact on solar control and thermal insulation glass selection.
- Australian Standard AS1288 – Glass in buildings – Selection and installation or New Zealand Standard NZS4223 – Glazing in buildings
Specifies procedures for the design, selection and installation of glass in buildings. Includes guidance for installation practice, based on proven techniques. Design loads including windload are selected from AS/NZS1170.0, AS/NZS1107.2 or AS4055
- AS/NZS2208 – Safety glazing materials in buildings
Glass that is installed where safety glass is required must be manufactured in accordance with AS/NZS2208. This is the standard that safety glazing materials are product certified to for use in Australia and New Zealand
- AS/NZS4666 – Insulating glass units
This standard sets out the performance requirements and guidelines on the selection and installation of insulating glass units
- AS/NZS4667 – Quality requirements for cut to size processed glass
Sets out the quality requirements for cut sizes of flat, transparent, clear ordinary annealed, tinted heat-absorbing, patterned and wired glass for general glazing and/or further processing
- AS3555.1 – Testing and rating for intruder resistance
Intruder resistant panels Identifies the testing and performance level for the specification of glass against physical attack
- AS/NZS2343 – Bullet resistant panels and elements
Specifies the requirements for bullet resistant panels and elements according to their performance in preventing penetration by projectiles discharged from firearms under controlled conditions
- AS 3959-2009 – Construction of Buildings in Bushfire Prone Areas
Specifies the minimum construction requirements for each defined Bushfire Attack Level (BAL)
- AS 1530.8.1-2007 – Tests on elements of construction for buildings exposed to simulated bushfire attack.
The testing procedure by which glazing materials should be measured to enable item to be used in lieu of the relevant BAL as outlined in AS3959. This is relevant for BAL up to and including BAL 40
- AS1530.4 – Methods for fire tests on building materials, components and structures
Fire resistance tests of elements of building construction. This Standard applies to heating conditions, test procedures and criteria for the determination of fire resistance of an element of building construction. In most cases, a single test, carried out in accordance with this Standard establishes the fire resistance for the element of construction concerned
- AS/NZS1170 – Structural design actions
There are four parts which cover general principles; permanent, imposed and other actions; wind actions; snow and ice actions