2012 Vision Award Winners Announced
Viridian would like to congratulate the winners of the 2012 Vision Awards which were announced at the 2012 National Architecture Conference in Brisbane.
Now in their fourth year, the Vision Awards are designed to celebrate and promote the energy efficient and innovative use of glass in Australian architecture.
In a major change from previous years, this year’s category prize structure was revised with the addition of a new 'Overall Vision Award Winner' category. Winning a prize trip to Venice with two passes to the exclusive opening of the 2012 Venice Architecture Biennale, the recipient of this inaugural award was Andrew Maynard Architects for their work on the Hill House project in Melbourne’s inner suburb of Northcote.
The 2012 Vision Award category winners are:
Residential Energy Efficient Glass Design and Overall 2012 Vision Award Winner
- Andrew Maynard Architects for Hill House
Residential Creative Interior Glass Application - Joint Winners
- Fiona Winzar Architects for the Victoria Road House
- Carterwilliamson Architects for Bondi House
Commercial Energy Efficient Glass Design
- H2o Architects for the Swinburne University Advanced Technologies Centre
Commercial Creative Interior Glass Application
- Vincent Chrisp Architects for the Centre for Sustainable Water Management
Congratulations to the winners who each received $1,000 in prize money.
Read the full announcement here.