For colour, excellent solar performance and comfort, this advanced toned glass is a natural
These super toned glasses provide significant improvements in solar performance compared to VFloat™ toned glass. The colours are deeper, however natural views from the interior are maintained with low-exterior reflectance. They are readily available and can be processed and fabricated similarly to normal float glass to provide an economical choice for reducing air-conditioning costs.
Viridian VFloat SuperGreen™
SuperGreen provides a deep green, crisp appearance with sharp clean external views and low-external reflectance.
Designed to provide very high daylight transmission (66%) with solar control (SHGC of 0.51). It offers 20% better solar performance than conventional tones, with reduced glare and UV.
The high performance toned glass range absorbs a large proportion of solar radiation. Applications must be checked for thermal stress breakage. We recommend that VFloat SuperGrey be specified and supplied as a heat strengthened or toughened glass in all situations.
Features and benefits
- High solar control float glass – low cost glass without coatings optimises light transmission and reduces cooling loads.
- Low reflectance
– Low external and internal reflectance.
– VFloat SuperGreen™ and Viridian VFloat SuperBlue™ provide good daylight transmission.
- Low UV transmittance– outperforms other tinted products for reduced fading. Viridian VFloat SuperGrey™ eliminates 99% of UV radiation.
- Use in Viridian ThermoTech™ (insulating glass units) – can be combined with Low E glass in insulating glass units for enhanced performance.