Protection against nature’s most powerful storms
Viridian StormGuard™ cyclone resistant glass has been specifically designed for buildings in Australia or the South Pacific Region cyclone prone regions described by both AS/NZS1170.2, or wherever buildings require protection from strong winds and airborne debris.
StormGuard cyclone resistant glass is a laminated safety glass that incorporates an extra thick interlayer to resist penetration from flying debris such as timber associated with cyclones. Even if the glass is impacted and broken, it still retains its weather-tight ability allowing the building to remain habitable after a cyclone passes.
StormGuard cyclone resistant glass is suitable for all buildings in strong wind areas, specifically buildings that need to be habitable during and immediately after a cyclone – for example hospitals, emergency services, defence and government buildings, hotels and homes.
Features and benefits
- Clear vision without the need for storm shutters
- Protection from the weather even if glass is impacted
- Tested to exceed AS/NZS1170.21 2002
- Grade A safety glass
- Even when cracked by debris impact, StormGuard will still resist a standard fatigue wind pressure test incorporating a maximum wind pressure of 7.95 Kpa2
- Range of tones and solar control options
- Security, noise reduction, UV protection
1 Tested to withstand a 4kg piece of timber 100mm x 50mm cross section, striking the glass at 20m/s.
2 Glass size 2530mm x 860mm tested after impact of 20m/s by a 4kg 100mm x 50mm timber on end at 90° angle.
Note: The glass needs to be incorporated into a window frame capable of retaining the glass in positive and negative wind cycles.
Regulatory requirements can vary with region and application, so check local requirements.