Viridian OptiView™ reduces glass reflection to less than 2% compared with 7% for standard float glass when viewed from both the inside and outside. This unique glass is designed for applications where transparency is required in combination with an extremely low reflective appearance. These characteristics provide OptiView with very high clarity for viewing through the glass. It significantly removes the apparent ‘barrier’ between the object and the observer.
OptiView is a laminated glass and combines a transparent anti-reflective coating on clear glass, using pyrolitic coating technology to form a hard and durable coating. The coatings, one exterior (surface #1) and one interior (surface #4), work in unison and both are required to achieve the significant reduction in reflectivity.
In addition to its anti-reflective properties, OptiView offers better thermal insulation, reducing heat loss by up to 25% compared to standard glass. It also blocks more than 99% UV transmittance and yet still allows more visible light to pass through than clear glass. Offering the traditional benefits of laminated glass, it provides enhanced security, safety and damage protection, and superior acoustic control when provided with Viridian VLam Hush™ specialist noise reducing interlayers.
OptiView can be used in both interior and exterior applications. These include museum and display cases, retail shopfronts, showrooms and many other applications where anti-reflective glass may not previously have been an option, such as facilitating night views from apartments, hotels or restaurants.
- The coatings are glazed to the inside and outside of the building on surfaces #1 and #4 and have a different surface and appearance to normal glass. The coatings are very durable and have specific cleaning and handling instructions. Please refer to viridianglass.com
- The designer must determine the suitability of OptiView in situations where the presence of glass may not be sufficiently obvious and take any necessary precautions.
Features and benefits
- Transparent, unimpeded views and high clarity of showcased objects due to significantly reduced reflectivity.
- A subtle and almost ‘unnoticeable’ barrier between the object and the observer.
- Extremely low external and internal light reflection of less than 2%.
- Very high daylight transmission of more than 90%.
- Improved thermal insulation over standard glass.
- Over 99% UV elimination to reduce fading.
- Human impact safety – OptiView is a laminated Grade A safety glass to AS2208. It reduces the potential for injury and if broken, remains in place.
- The durable pyrolitic coating means that OptiView can be cut and processed, or fabricated into insulating glass units. The glass can be toughened or curved prior to laminating.
- Noise reduction – combine with Viridian Vlam Hush to achieve significant noise reduction.
- Security – thicker interlayers are available for additional strength and increased resistance to physical attack.
- Range of sizes and thicknesses available ex-stock for short lead times.
™OptiView is a registered trademark of Pilkington Group Limited.