Viridian Glass Processing
Most architectural glass will have some form of edgework other than edges that are clean-cut. The types of edge work are summarised in the table below. In addition, there are specialist decorative finishes available that are primarily used for furniture.
The guidelines for toughened safety glass summarise key dimensions and tolerances for holes and notches. Please refer any applications outside these tolerances to Viridian for review.
Position of cut-out from edge
- The edge distance must be greater than half of cut-out height
- The edge distance must be greater than half of cut-out width
- The inside of cut-out must have radius corners to a dimension of not less than the thickness of the glass
Refer to our sales staff for advice.
- In a panel with holes, the minimum width of the panel must be eight times the thickness of the glass
- In a panel of glass where there are a cluster of holes (eg. more than four), please refer to our sales staff for advice
Types of glass edge work