Providing thermal and solar control enhancements
Viridian EVantage™ is designed for buildings that require high level solar control and the insulating benefits of a Low E coating.
EVantage is an economical option for projects that require glazing alternatives better than standard glass and that in the past have had to specify top of the range high performance insulating glass units and solar control laminates. EVantage is manufactured by the pyrolitic low E coating process. In this on-line chemical vapour deposition process, a gas reacts with the semi molten surface of the float glass to form a reflective coating on clear and toned substrates.
The result is a product that combines solar and thermal performance, subtle reflectivity and glare control. The base colour of the glass whether clear, grey or bronze, Viridian SuperGreen™ or Viridian SuperBlue™ is maintained with a significant boost to solar and thermal characteristics through the proprietary Low E coating.
The Viridian EVantage Low E coating provides thermal and solar control enhancements. The placement of air-conditioning vents adjacent to and directed on the internal glass surface coating, may reduce the performance of EVantage when used in a single glazed installation.
Features and benefits
- Solar control with a Low E
- Good light transmission with subtle reflectivity
- Short lead times
- Lower UV transmittance*
- Used in Viridian ThermoTech™ insulating glass units for enhanced performance
- Neutral light transmittance maintains toned glass colour and clarity
- The durable pyrolitic coating means that Viridian EVantage™ can be cut and processed, toughened, laminated,** curved or fabricated into insulating glass units
* When compared to 6mm clear glass
**The clear glass on the composite used for laminated Evantage, will slightly vary the external aesthetic of the toned range. Samples are available at Viridian if required.