A barrier to forced entry
The range of Viridian AssaultGuard™ glass is an economical method of providing a barrier to forced entry while providing transparency and clarity.
AssaultGuard incorporates interlayers four times the thickness of those manufactured in standard laminates and is designed to resist attack from a variety of hand tools used for forced entry such as hammers, crowbars and wood splitters. AssaultGuard is typically used in commercial applications such as vulnerable shopfronts, windows and doorways susceptible to break in. It is also used in a variety of other ‘at risk’ applications such as pay booths, jewellery counters and display counters, providing enough resistance against ‘smash and grab’ theft.
Viridian AssaultGuard Ultra™ can be used if a high level of security is required.
Features and benefits
- Resists penetration and forced entry – glass may break but interlayer retains integrity and continues to act as barrier
- Withstands repeated blows from heavy objects such as bricks, hammers and crowbars
- Provides UV protection, noise reduction and is a Grade A safety glass to AS/NZS2208
- Can be supplied with solar control and privac.
- Consider incorporating Viridian SuperClear™ to enhance the high light transmission often required in retail applications